The Coalition of Haliburton Property Owners' Associations (CHA) is a group of approximately 50 property owners' associations, representing more than 100 waterbodies and 17,000 shoreline properties from across the geographical limits of Haliburton County, in Ontario Canada.
Our Mission Statement:
The CHA is a Coalition of Lake Area Property Owners Associations in Haliburton County. The C.H.A. is a science-based organization. Our focus is on Protecting and Enhancing the Health of Waterbodies within the County. The organization shares best practices, studies common issues, and develops common solutions. The C.H.A. recommends county-wide policies and influences outcomes. Member associations always remain autonomous.
Our Primary Roles are to:
- Develop and implement solutions to lake health issues
- Support and strengthen member associations
- Provide Information on lake health to our member associations and the general public
- Create synergy, by sharing resources and learning from each other
- Work on projects that are too big for one member association - as long as the project is:
- one that will positively impact lake health
- a project that will make a real difference
- approved in advance by the board
- not in the mandate of another organization
- All volunteer, nonprofit, Ontario Registered Corporation.
- Managed by a Board of Directors
- Founded 2009 by 23 lakes
- Lake area property owners associations from Haliburton County
- Membership fees
- Voluntary Value Received Contributions from members
- Social Enterprise +
- Donations from the public
- Some funding applications for specific projects
Major Priority = Protecting and Enhancing Lake Health through 2 issues – Septic Health & Natural Shorelines
If you would like to join or learn more about the CHA, then please contact us